- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4-lb. beef tenderloin roast, preferably from the thicker end, trimmed of silver skin and chain
- 1 recipe Double-Mushroom Ragoût*
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 250°F.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, thyme, garlic, 1 tsp. salt, and several generous grinds of black pepper. Put the tenderloin on a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet or in a small roasting pan and rub the oil mixture all over it.
Roast the tenderloin until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 130°F for medium rare, about 1 hour. Transfer to a carving board, tent with foil and let rest for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Cut the tenderloin crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Serve with the ragoût.
nutrition information (per serving):
Calories (kcal): 670; Fat (g): 48; Fat Calories (kcal): 430; Saturated Fat (g): 20; Protein (g): 47; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 20; Carbohydrates (g): 9; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 2.5; Sodium (mg): 390; Cholesterol (mg): 190; Fiber (g): 2.