- 1 lb. carrots (about 5 medium), peeled, trimmed, cut crosswise into 3-inch lengths, then cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1 lb. parsnips (about 5 large), peeled, trimmed, cut crosswise into 3-inch lengths, then cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces, cores removed
- 1 lb. medium purple-top turnips (2 or 3), scrubbed, trimmed, and cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- 1 Meyer lemon, top and bottom ends trimmed, quartered lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/8 inch thick, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 450°F.
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
In a large bowl, combine the carrots, parsnips, turnips, lemon, oil, rosemary, garlic, cumin, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper; toss to coat.
Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet and roast, tossing once, until tender when pierced with a fork and golden-brown on the edges, 40 to 50 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
nutrition information (per serving):
Calories (kcal): 190; Fat (g): 10; Fat Calories (kcal): 80; Saturated Fat (g): 1.5; Protein (g): 2; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 7; Carbohydrates (g): 26; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 1; Sodium (mg): 280; Cholesterol (mg): 0; Fiber (g): 8.