Curried Sweet Potato Mash
- 2 large sweet potatoes, skin on, large dice
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, loosely packed, roughly chopped
Serves 4 to 6
1. In a small pot, combine the sweet potatoes and water. Cover the pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, until potatoes are soft, 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Using a strainer drain the water from the potatoes, then return them to the pot (heat off or on simmer) and mash them with a potato masher or fork. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Reprinted with permission from What The Fork Are You Eating? Copyright © 2014 by Stefanie Sacks, Tarcher Books, a division of Penguin Random House