- 6 cups corn, frozen is fine
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cup light cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh snipped chives
- ¼ teaspoon ground or grated nutmeg – grated is better here
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 cup crumbled Ritz cracker crumbs – crumble with your hands, don’t be too fussy
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a a 13-inch glass baking dish or a 3 quart casserole dish. In a large bowl beat the eggs, cream, brown sugar and grated nutmeg. Stir in the chives, add the corn and salt and pepper.
In a separate bowl, use a fork to toss the Ritz cracker crumbs with the melted butter. Add half of the buttery crackers to the corn mixture, and pour the corn into the prepared dish. Sprinkle the remaining cracker mixture over the top of the casserole, and bake the pudding until golden brown on top and slightly firm to the touch, 40 to 55 minutes depending on your pan size and oven.