Apple Abs of Steel Oatmeal Bowl
- 1 apple, cored and chopped into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup (80 g) rolled oats or use steel cut oats, which have a longer cook time
- ¼ cup (170 g) buckwheat groats or sub more rolled oats
- 1 cup (235 ml) water
- ½ cup (120 ml) vegan milk of choice
- ¼ cup (35 g) raisins
- ½ tsp cinnamon, or to taste
- ¼ cup (30 g) walnut pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 g) coconut flakes
- 1 heaping tbsp (15 g) hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp (30 g) goji berries
- Stevia to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) pure maple syrup, optional
Servings: 2 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Creation time: 15–20 minutes
Combine the apple, oats, buckwheat, water, milk, raisins and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
When it reaches a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until it’s thick, about 10 minutes, adding more milk if it becomes too thick.
Once the cereal has reached the desired thickness, add the walnuts, coconut, hemp, goji berries, stevia and optional maple syrup. Stir until thoroughly combined.
You can add a few more walnut pieces, coconut flakes and goji berries on top for a nice presentation.
Excerpted from The Six Weeks to Sexy Abs Meal Plan by Ella Magers with permission of Page Street Publishing.